I recently was playing around with SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services and switching between Native and SharePoint integrated mode. In the last change, I switched from SharePoint Integrated to Native but came across an error when opening the Report Manager, specifically HTTP Error 503: Service is Unavailable. As usual, I over analyzed it but did find the solution. Continue reading SQL Reporting Services: HTTP Error 503
Since Microsoft is deprecating STSADM, I decided to do deploy a solution using PowerShell (which I like a lot). Microsoft has a nifty STSADM to PowerShell mapping guide, located here (until the link dies). Continue reading Using PowerShell instead of STSADM
In explaining the source control to someone, I decided to look up Microsoft’s recommended way of handling folder structure in Team Foundation Server (TFS), located here (until the link dies).
The document explains some basics about TFS so I didn’t have to explain them myself.
I was having a discussion and wondering how Microsoft defined their software update terms. There are many definitions, found here (until the link dies). Continue reading Microsoft Defines Software Updates
I was exposed to a VBScript recently that had code to make the computer speak with the Microsoft Speech API. Continue reading My Computer Talks
Sometimes in SQL Reporting Services, some Windows updates can break your client connect to print from SQL Report Manager or an application using the ReportViewer control. Continue reading Unable to Load Client Print Control
I had to help out with trying to automate a process that updates an Access file unattended. Continue reading I Don’t Like Microsoft Access
In a previous entry, I stated I was using SharePoint and Reporting Services with Integrated mode. After that was finally successful, I wanted to connect Team Foundation 2010 (TFS) with this SharePoint installation. Continue reading Team Foundation Server, Reporting Services, SharePoint; Almost but not Enough
A recent installation of SQL Reporting Services installed successfully but then when testing the site, no matter how the Reporting Services Configuration Manager was configured, the Reporting Manager could not be access using the server name. I couldn’t even connect to the database engine using the server name in Management Studio. Then I remembered something. Continue reading Unable to Access SQL Reporting Services using Server Name